255 - 371 Hessar St, Grants Pass, Oregon
Welcome to the Yantis Estate located in beautiful Southern Oregon. Nestled in the foothills just outside of the charming town of Grants Pass, this 29 acre estate is one of most dynamic in the region. Featuring a main residence with distinguished craftsmanship and complete privacy with elaborate landscaping, meandering waterfalls and ponds, a state-of-the-art fitness center with pool, athletic court, two additional residences, lush gardens, a climate controlled conservatory, horse facilities and more. Including all of the homes and structures on the property, there is over 20,000 Sq Ft under roof. A discerning buyer will find a lifestyle that is luxurious in nature and also allows for the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of rural living that include the ability to have freshly grown food, partake in activities like horseback riding and hiking plus being able to take a break from the fast paced world and savor the relaxing small town culture.
“Not only is the home amazing and the vineyard incredible, but the location is perfect.”
Located in beautiful Southern Oregon, Carpenter Hill Estate and Vineyard is the ideal place to enjoy all that the region has to offer. Being just minutes from the history and theatrical opportunities of Jacksonville and Ashland, and the convenience of Medford, this location is ideal! The wonderful custom estate captures the very essence of the vineyard dream with dramatic views, and elegant details throughout. Southern Oregon is known for having four distinct seasons, a mild winter, and many social and recreational opportunities to enjoy year-round. One of the great and rewarding experiences of owning your own vineyard comes from the ability to create your own wine label or even host your own tastings. The Rogue Valley’s wine community is expanding, and gaining national recognition. The area is characterized by a diverse landscape of mountains and valleys, and the mild climate which provides vineyard owners a unique opportunity to produce a wide range of varietals.
Grants Pass is known for a climate that has four distinct seasons and a mild winter. The community is rich in culture and includes attractions such as the renowned Rogue River, historic downtown, delightful restaurants and many local wineries including the famed Applegate Valley Wine Trail. For the outdoor enthusiast, there is over 10 miles of trails literally out your back door as this property backs up to the 400 acre Cathedral Hills County Park. From Grants Pass, it’s just a short drive to Jacksonville with attractions like the Britt Music Festival and Ashland with the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. The Oregon coast is just over 90 miles away and the Rogue Valley International Airport is 28 miles.
The entrance to the property features a custom gate and a meandering paved road that traverses through mature trees and the picturesque natural setting. As you wind up to the main home you are immediately struck by the beauty of the landscaping and elegance of the tasteful European design. The home is situated overlooking the property which provides total privacy. As you arrive at the front of the home, you are welcomed by a grand entry with a drive-through portico.
The home features a beautiful chef’s kitchen with Typhoon Bordeaux granite counters, genuine imported mahogany cabinetry, Thermador appliances and Sub-Zero refrigerator. And when you need extra refrigerated space there is a commercial walk-in cooler/freezer. The breakfast nook includes a beautifully crafted coffered wood ceiling and is open to both the kitchen and formal great room. The gorgeous woodwork continues into the dining area with wet bar and window seat. This space flows into the formal living room which includes vaulted ceilings, wood beams, a stone fireplace and an abundance of windows to capture the views. At the opposite end of the home is the grand master suite which is spacious in size and includes a fireplace, custom woodwork and cabinetry throughout, floor to ceiling windows and access to the outside deck. The closet is a one of kind masterpiece and includes multiple cabinets and storage spaces, a large walk-in area on the bedroom level and a staircase that leads to the expansive second floor closet (12’ x 35’). The large, spa-like master bathroom includes features like automatic frosted glass, jetted bathtub with tranquil views, a large walk-in shower and double sinks. Also located on the main floor is an office, guest room and full guest bath. Downstairs has a second living room with library, a huge media room that could also be an office or bedroom and an abundance of storage space. The expansive, enclosed patio which is over 700 Sq. Ft., includes incredible floor to ceiling windows that allow the natural scenery to feel like part of the room. This area provides additional dining and entertaining spaces. Other defining features of this home include marble floors throughout the living spaces and bedrooms, a geothermal heating system with professional grade air filtration, dumbwaiter, surround sound, automated locks and much more.
Outside you will find the beautiful Ipe deck with glass railings, outdoor kitchen, fire pit, and inspiring views of the waterfalls, ponds and mature landscaping that make up the backyard. The landscaping is simply breathtaking with meandering water cascading from multiple waterfalls, lush plants and mature evergreen and oak trees. A pathway leads to the wine cellar with patio and sitting area. The subterranean design provides natural climate control and the custom mahogany shelving allows for over 2,000 bottles of wine to be stored.
As you continue along the circular drive past the main house you come to the state-of-the-art fitness center. There is also a beautiful pathway directly from the main house. The fitness center includes a 32’ x 32’ gym with professional grade equipment, a massage room, bathroom, custom shower with programmable heads and a sauna that is clad with elaborately crafted woodwork. The glass enclosed pool room is loaded with amenities including a mahogany bar and custom cabinetry, wine cooler, refrigerator, ice maker, dishwasher and a Viking Grill. The saltwater pool is 22’ x 44’ with pebble-tec finish and has programmable underwater lighting and speakers, Laminar deck jets with colored lighting, A-O Smith heat exchanger and propane heating system which can be controlled remotely from the house. The spa is 8’ deep and has an infinity edge that cascades into the pool. A short distance from the fitness center is the athletic court with overhead lighting, an all-weather synthetic surface that minimizes joint impact, an equipment storage building and commercial grade fence. The court is set up for both basketball and tennis.
This estate includes 3 legal dwellings and over 20,000 Sq. Ft. under-roof. The 2nd residence is the property’s original home and overlooks the large, year-round pond. It has been tastefully updated and includes a beautiful living space with vaulted ceilings, wood beams, great views and a floor to ceiling stone fireplace. Accessed from the living space is a large covered deck that takes in the beautiful setting. The dining space is open to the living room and kitchen. The kitchen includes updated cabinets, new counters and an impressive stainless appliance package. Just off the kitchen is the laundry and mudroom. Down the hall you will find 3 main floor bedrooms, including the master suite with private bath. The spacious guest bathroom has also been nicely updated. Located in the daylight basement is the large family room and the 4th bedroom. There is a detached 2-car garage with second floor storage room plus a carport. The third residence is a 1990 manufactured home with 3 bedrooms, 2 full bathrooms.
The finished shop measures 60’ x 40’ and features a heating system, bathroom, custom cabinets and more. With 3 bay doors and one pull through door, parking is plentiful. Additionally, this property has two barns for animals and a chicken coop. The horse barn has four stalls with center aisle. The second barn is currently home to Alpacas and has a separate kennel or small animal room. The paddocks feature premium white vinyl fencing.
Continuing with the theme of this property, the 1700 Sq. Ft. conservatory is centered around a large waterfall with a relaxing sitting area. The glass greenhouse was designed for growing many types of food from around the globe including bananas. The climate control system is fully automated and includes fans, 2-gas furnaces, wood heat and ventilation system. Outside you will find two large fenced garden areas for growing many types of fruits and vegetables plus a flower garden. The orchard is located at the north end of the property. This property is set up for sustainability and a health conscious lifestyle.
The 81 acres to the North of the property provides privacy but is also zoned for rural residential development with possibilities for at least 10 more homesites! Could be an investment or retreat!
The Yantis Estate is offered with or without the development property.
Map and Tax Lots
● 36-05-32-B0 Tax Lot 400, R317146, 18.66 Acres (Zoning Woodland Resource)
● 36-05-32-B0 Tax Lot 2000, R317150, 5.63 Acres (Zoning Woodland Resource)
● 36-05-32-B0 Tax Lot 2200, R333802, 5.00 Acres (Zoning RR5)
● 36-05-32-B0 Tax Lot 100, R317131, 81.55 Acres (Zoning RR5)
● 1,200 to 1,400 Feet
● Rolling, Wooded, Hillside
● Private retreat situated in the hills just outside of town with a luxurious Main House, Guest House, Caretaker Home, Fitness Center with Indoor Pool, Conservatory and exquisite landscaping with several water features.
● The property has a variety of native trees and plants. The area around the home has been professionally landscaped with an assortment of blooming plants, trees and flowers and features a koi pond and waterfall.
Year Round Pond
● Private pond located on Tax Lot 2000
Total Water Right Acreage
● 1.17 Acres (See “Certificate of Water Right” issued by the State of Oregon)
Estate Home (TL 400) - 371 Hessar
● 5,753 (per seller)
● 3 Bedrooms
● 3 Full Bathrooms
Main Level Rooms
● Formal Great Room with Living and Dining Areas, Kitchen, Breakfast Nook, Master Suite with En-Suite Bath, Guest Room and Bath, Office/Den, Laundry Room.
Lower Level Rooms
● Second Living/ Family Room, Media Room (Can also be Bedroom/Office), Library, Guest Bath, Enclosed Patio.
Heating and Air Systems
● Central Heat and Air with electric heat pump
● 2 fireplaces, located in Formal Living Room and Master Bedroom
● Wood stove in Living/Family Room
● 5 ton Climate Master Geothermal heat pump
● Whole house air filtration system
Special Features & Amenities
● Grand foyer with wooden staircase, arched entry door and hand painted mural
● Custom mahogany cabinetry and woodwork in several rooms
● Typhoon Bordeaux granite countertops in Kitchen
● Thermador appliances and Sub-Zero refrigerator
● Commercial walk-in cooler/freezer
● Marble flooring in Living spaces and hardwood in Kitchen and hallways
● 100’ x 12’ Ipe deck with outdoor kitchen, firepit, sitting and dining areas
● Dining room with custom wet bar, hutch and window seat
● Wall mounted TVs installed in several rooms (included)
● Master Bedroom with automated blackout shades
● Automated frosting privacy glass in Master Bathroom
● 2 story closet in Master bedroom with extensive built-ins
● Jetted tub, marble shower, bidet and automated Toto commode in Master Bathroom
● Surround sound throughout the home
● Glassed in patio in basement level
● Large Family room with attached Library
● Security system
· Subterranean design for temperature control
· Cedar lined, mahogany shelving with storage space for 2000 bottles and glass wear
· Tasting bar and outdoor patio with sitting area
Fitness Center and Pool
· Glass enclosed pool room with travertine tile flooring
· 22’ x 44’ saltwater pool with Pebble-Tech finish
· 8’ deep spa that cascades into pool with lion head water feature
· Programable underwater lighting, laminar deck jets, underwater speakers
· Kitchen with wet bar, grill, wine cooler, refrigerator, ice maker and dishwasher
· Spa-like bath with large shower, programmable heads, cedar sauna and massage room
· A-O Smith heat exchanger, two 4000 BTU propane heaters, two salt chlorinators
· Intellitouch Pentair wireless control system that can be operated from the main house
· Exercise room with professional grade equipment, mall mounted TVs, mirrored walls, high quality gym mat flooring throughout, glass wall to enjoy views of the property
● 33 Gallon Per Minute Well services Main Home and Pool House (See Well Log “JOSE11671”)
Onsite Septic System
● Standard 4 Bedroom Septic System (See “Certificate of Satisfactory Completion OS408287”)
Second Home (TL2000) - 255 Hessar St.
● 4 Bedrooms
● 2 Full Bathrooms
Main Level Rooms
● Kitchen, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen, Master Bedroom with Private Bath, 2 Guest Bedrooms, Guest Bathroom, Laundry/Mud Room
Lower Level Rooms
● Family Room, Guest Bedroom (Office)
Heating and Air Systems
● Central Heat and Air with electric heat pump.
● Two fireplaces with inserts
· Updated Kitchen with new appliances including Thermador Professional Propane Range
● Balcony deck overlooking the property and year-round pond
● Finished basement with outdoor patio and hot tub
● Interior wrought iron spiral staircase
● Large laundry/mudroom with an abundance of storage
● Two fenced garden areas with raised beds plus
● Established orchard with a variety of producing trees including apples, pears, plums, peaches, nectarines, filberts, walnuts and several varieties of table grapes
● Several pathways and sitting areas throughout the property
· 105’ x 54’ sports court with Power Game Polyprophylene flooring to minimize joint stress
· Overhead halogen lighting, ball server, basketball hoops, wired for sound system
· Equipment storage building, patio area and commercial fencing
● Detached 2-car garage with second floor storage room and carport.
● Detached 60’ x 40’ shop with pull through RV bay, 4 roll up doors
● 220v power and custom storage shelving
● Bathroom, washer/dryer hook-ups
· 4 stall horse barn with center aisle, paddocks and vinyl fencing
· The second barn is currently home to Alpacas and has additional kennel room
· Chicken coop with fenced yard
· 1700 Sq Ft of growing area, raised beds
· I-Ponic series greenhouse environmental controller
· Humidistat, louvers, exhaust fans, two gas furnaces, wood stove
· Water feature with pond and sitting area
● 25 Gallon Per Minute Well (See Well Log “JOSE10798”)
● 13 Gallon Per Minute Well services orchard (See Well Log “JOSE58034”) via drip line system with battery operated timers.
Onsite Septic System
● Standard 3 Bedroom Septic System (See “Certificate of Satisfactory Completion 1704-263”)
Third Home (TL2200) –
1060 Walker Rd
● 1990 manufactured home with permanent foundation
● 3 Bedrooms
● 2 Full Bathrooms
Main Floor Rooms
● Living Room, Kitchen with Dining Area, Master Bedroom with Private Bath, 2 Guestrooms, Guest Bathroom, Laundry Room
Heating and Air Systems
● Electric central heat and air
● 16 Gallon Per Minute Well (See Well Log “JOSE11571”)
● Well also supplies water for Conservatory and garden areas via underground spray heads and drip line system
Onsite Septic System
● Standard System
CLIMATE (Source: “Sperlings Best Places”)
Grants Pass, Oregon
"The annual rainfall in inches. Updated: December, 2016"Rainfall (in.)
"The annual snowfall in inches. Updated: December, 2016"Snowfall (in.)
"The annual number of days with measurable precipitation (over .01 inch). Updated: December, 2016"Precipitation Days
"The average number of days per year that are predominantly sunny. Updated: December, 2016"Sunny Days
"The average daily high temperature for the month of July, in degrees Fahrenheit. Updated: December, 2016"Avg. July High
"The average daily low temperature for the month of January, in degrees Fahrenheit. Updated: December, 2016"Avg. Jan. Low
Grants Pass (Downtown)
● 4 Miles
Access & Boat Launch to the Rogue River
● 5 Miles – Chinook Park
Rogue Valley International Airport
● 28 Miles
● 30 Miles
● 32 Miles
● 32 Miles
● 43 Miles
Mt Ashland Ski Resort
● 63 Miles
Oregon Coast (Brookings)
● 99 Miles
● 115 Miles
Other Local Attractions
Applegate Valley Wine Trail, Oregon Shakespeare Festival, The Britt Music Festival, the Charming towns of Jacksonville and Ashland. The Oregon Caves, Crater Lake National Park, the Rogue & Applegate Rivers. Many lakes, hiking and other outdoor recreational opportunities. Southern Oregon also has thousands of acres of public lands for your recreational enjoyment.
Utilities & Services
● Pacific Power Company
● Main Home – 500 gallon in-ground tank (owned)
● Second Home – 350 gallon above ground tank (rented)
● Pool House – 1000 gallon in-ground tank (owned)
● Conservatory – 1000 gallon in-ground tank (owned)
● Fiberoptic from Hunter Communications (400mbs)