November 23rd, 2020
- The front office is currently closed for in person visits. Phone calls will be answered Monday - Friday from 8 am - 12 pm.
- If you need a pre-arranged absence please fill out the pre-arranged absence form (on our website under the attendance tab), not the Google Student Absence form. Thank you!
Please note, anyone entering the front office must check their temperature, even if you are only dropping off items. Thank you for your understanding!
- If you are in need of assistance in providing for your family during this Holiday season please email our Safe School Professional at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
- Our Safe School Professional has launched a new google classroom as a resource for Elementary students. On her site is the Safe School Professional Corner series as well!
- If you are in need of uniforms please contact our Safe School Professional, Miss Kori at Kori.email@example.com.As always, Miss Kori gratefully accepts any clean, gently used outgrown uniforms.
Elementary I-Ready testing dates:
- K-2: 12/2 I-Ready Reading and 12/9 I-Ready Math
- 3-5: 12/3 I-Ready Reading and 12/10 I-Ready Math
Remember to get plenty of rest and eat a good breakfast on the morning of testing. We are excited to see the progress our students have made since the start of school!
CLICK HERE FOR A PARENTS GUIDE TO iREADY
If you need to contact Mrs. Fromhart, our secondary school counselor, please fill out the contact form on the following sites:
For high school:
For middle school:
CLICK HERE FOR SAFE SCHOOL PROFESSIONAL CORNER
Wednesday Attendance Procedures
Since the state requires attendance to be taken daily, all students will be REQUIRED to sign-in to their FIRST PERIOD TEACHER on Virtual Wednesdays. This will be completed on a Google Form, which will be created by their first period teacher and placed on their Google Classroom stream. Students will be given a 2 hour span of time to complete this attendance form from 7:30am until 9:30am – the form will be shut off at 9:31 am and any student who has not turned in their attendance will be marked ABSENT for the entire day.
If you are in need of assistance in providing for your family during this Holiday season please email our Safe School Professional at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
iReady and CERT Testing
Please see the following page for iReady and CERT testing dates.
Please view the following documents regarding youth suicide, warning signs and learning how to respond.
Learn the signs of suicide and how to ACT
Learn to ACT
Prevention of Youth Suicide
Please see the following pages regarding reporting to safevoice. If your student has a cell phone please have them download the app for easy access.
Click Here For Safe Voice Video
How to Report an Absence:
Pinecrest Sloan Canyon is implementing a new absence reporting system. The system follows new health and safety guidelines advised by the Southern Nevada Health District (SNHD) and the State Public Charter School Authority (SPCSA). If your child was absent from school, either physically or virtually, you must now report the circumstances of the absence to the school. To report the absence, you will need to go to the Pinecrest Sloan Canyon website,https://www.pinecrestsloancanyon.org/. On the home page of the website, under the Attendance tab you will click on the Student Absence Google Form. Please answer each of the sections completely. Make sure to submit when you are finished.
Thank you for your cooperation. We are committed to keeping the health of our students and staff members our number ONE priority!
If your child is having technical issues with their school issued Chromebook please contact Intellatek first. They are open from 8 am - 12 pm Monday - Friday. The Intellatek Hotline number is: 702-840-6060. If Intellatek tells them to trade their chromebook out please email Dalton Clark at Dalton.Clark@pinecrestnv.org.
November 25th - 27th - Thanksgiving Break (NO SCHOOL)
December 2nd - MS iReady Math Test
December 2nd - K-2 iReady Reading Test
December 3rd - 3-5 iReady Reading Test
December 9th - MS iReady Reading Test
December 9th - K-2 iReady Math Test
December 10th - 3-5 iReady Math Test
December 15th - 18th - MS/HS Exam Days (Half day of school for MS/HS only)
December 18th - Data Day (HALF DAY FOR ALL STUDENTS)
December 21st - 31st - Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)
January 1st - 5th - Winter Break (NO SCHOOL)
January 13th - HS CERT Test