Beginning September 1st, two new certifications will be available for teachers in addition to the existing Education Technology Endorsement. Both of these certifications may be used to fulfill the requirements of CTESS Standard 10 (Professional Development). Upon earning the Level 1 Certification, participants will receive a $275 stipend and 2 USBE or SUU credits, which can also be applied to the Education Technology Endorsement. Similarly, upon earning the Level 2 Certification (after also having completed Level 1), participants will receive a $400 stipend and 3 USBE or SUU credits. Click the fliers to the right to learn more or visit http://etc.canyonsdistrict.org
Featured App of the Month
Ed tech times newsletter
Follow @csdedtech on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to stay in-the-know about the latest tech tools and things happening around the district. Watch for contests to win cool prizes for your classroom!
Our mission is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies, supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Register for certification and endorsement courses online at http://etc.canyonsdistrict.org.
Foundations of Instructional Design
Become a Google-Certified Teacher
The Technology Proficient Teacher
Level 1 Certification Classes
Click here it take a survey and enter to win fun prizes!
The Canyons Helpdesk is available 7am-5pm Monday-Friday by calling 801-826-5544 or emailing email@example.com to submit footprints help ticket to your Field Tech.
Each month, one of the ISTE standards for teachers and students will be linked to a Canyons Instructional Priority.
1. Empowered Learner: I use technology to set goals, work toward achieving them and demonstrate my learning.
2. Digital Citizen: I understand the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working in an interconnected digital world.
3. Knowledge Constructor: I critically select, evaluate and synthesize digital resources into a collection that reflects m y learning and builds my knowledge.
4. Innovative Designer: I solve problems by creating new and imaginative solutions using a variety of digital tools.
5. Computational Thinker: I identify authentic problems, work with data and use a step-by-step process to automate solutions.
6. Creative Communicator: I communicate effectively and express myself creatively using different tools, styles, formats and digital media.
7. Global Collaborator: I strive to broaden my perspective, understand others and work effectively in teams using digital tools.
Protecting student privacy is important to
New iste standards for students
Gold Miners Daughter
EdUCATION techNOLOGY SPECIALISTs
The mission of the Education Technology Department is to improve teaching and learning through the use of appropriate technologies, supporting students in their progress toward college-, career-, and citizenship-readiness.
Corner Canyon High Draper Park Middle
Mt. Jordan Middle
Indian Hills MS
Draper Group Home
Genesis Youth Center
Canyons Virtual High
Director of Education Technology