A Quarterly Publication from allU.S. Credit Union
Manage your money
ON THE GO
20/20 Vision Personal Loan: Extended through May 2017
NewS you can use
10 Smart Uses for your tax refund
With an eye-popping loan rate as
low as 4.49%, the advantages of our 20/20 Vision Personal Loan are crystal clear.
If you want to:
• Consolidate credit card debt
• Pay off uninsured medical bills
• Pay off tax debt
• Pay for all or part of your wedding
• Celebrate a milestone
• Pay for your honeymoon
• Invest in energy-efficient appliances
• Update outdoor lighting
• Pay veterinary bills
• Repay loans from family or friends
• Contribute to charity
• Give your vehicle a makeover
A 20/20 Vision Personal Loan can help you cover your immediate expenses without breaking the bank.
This loan is unsecured, in amounts ranging from $1,000 to more than $25,000. And with a good credit score, you’ll likely be able to snag the most affordable interest rates. Your options shrink and your payments grow if you have no credit history or bad credit, but you’ll find out that allU.S. Credit Union is willing to consider more than your credit score when considering you for a loan.
Contact us or stop by the branch and discover the advantages of the 20/20 Vision Loan. You may also qualify for an allU.S. Visa® credit card with a rate starting at only 8.99%.
2017 is the year to see change in your life!
This Popular Loan Has Been Extended Through May
Scroll to read more
If you have a refund check coming your way, consider using it to strengthen your personal balance sheet. The average refund has been around $3,000 for the past two years (most people receive their refund within three weeks of filing their returns). That's a nice chunk of change. Here are 10 good things you could do with the money.
1. Pay Off Credit Card Debt: Using your refund to pay off a balance with an 18% interest rate is like earning 18% on your investments – an incredibly valuable use of the money. And if you pay off your balances, you can afford to close some cards that are now charging high fees.
2. Rebuild Your Emergency Fund: Many people have raided their emergency fund over the past several years and have had little extra money to restore it. You could use your refund to start rebuilding that fund, which can help you avoid landing in credit card debt if you have an emergency. Keep the money easily accessible in a money market account or savings account that earns interest.
3. Boost Retirement Savings: You can contribute up to $5,500 to an IRA for 2017 (or $6,500 if 50 or older) and withdraw the money tax free in retirement. You can contribute the full $5,500 as long as your income falls below $118,000 if you're single, and $186,000 if you're married filing a joint tax return. The contribution limit is then phased out incrementally if you make between $118,000 and $132,000 (single) or $186,000 and $195,999 (married-joint).
4. Fund a Taxable Account: Use the extra cash to buy shares in a mutual fund or stock you’ve been considering but may feel is too risky for your IRA or not available in your 401(k) plan.
5. Fill Gaps in Your Insurance with an updated personal liability or homeowners policy.
6. Build Your College Savings: Here’s an opportunity to use your extra money to contribute to a 529 account. You’ll be able to use the money tax free for college bills, and you could get a state income tax deduction for your contribution.
7. Open a Roth for Your Children: You can use the extra money to contribute to a Roth IRA for your children. Your kid is eligible as long as he or she has earned income – from mowing yards or babysitting, for example. Your child can contribute up to $5,500 or the amount of his or her earned income for the year, whichever is lower, and you can give him the cash to do it.
8. Prepay For Your Vacation: Set aside some money for vacation rather than using your credit card. Stash your refund in a separate account, then add money automatically every week until your dream vacation is paid for.
9. Invest in Your Home: Use your refund to pay for some smaller home improvements. Use the extra cash to add a backsplash, paint a room or cabinets, replace your bathroom sink, swap out your faucets, organize a closet or spruce up your yard.
10. Share with Others: If you have your financial bases covered, consider using your refund to make a charitable contribution to help others in need. You’ll feel good – and you’ll be rewarded for your good deed when you file your tax return in 2018.
10 Smart Uses
Mobile Banking at allU.S. Credit Union puts banking at your fingertips! You’re busy, and managing your money on the go can be a challenge. Now you can stay on top of your finances anytime, anywhere from your web-enabled cell phone or mobile device.
Mobile Banking is:
Convenient from anywhere – Mobile Banking lets you manage your money from wherever you have cellular service: from the family room couch to a restaurant at Cannery Row and from the local coffee shop to a luau in Maui.
Easy to use – Mobile Banking is just as easy as online banking. It’s intuitive and quick. All you have to do is download our free smartphone banking application.
Devices – Use the camera on your iPhone® or Android™ phone to send us
Free – We never charge for Mobile Banking.
Secure – Mobile Banking utilizes best practices from Online Banking, such as HTTPS, 128-bit SSL encryption and application time-out when your phone is
not in use.
Mobile Banking is a safe, convenient and easy way to:
Check account balances
Transfer money between accounts
View available credit limits
Find surcharge-free ATMs near you
This service is FREE for Online Banking users. ENROLL NOW!
On the Go!
Stay in the Know!
Do we have your email address? We need a current email address to send you notices and product and service opportunities. Contact us today to update your personal information.
The office will be closed the following days. To access your accounts when we are closed, log on to online banking, or get cash free of surcharge fees from one of the 30,000+ CO-OP® ATMs throughout the U.S.
Annual Meeting Notice
All allU.S. Credit Union members and their families are invited to attend the
allU.S. annual meeting at our branch located at:
1410 N. Main St.
May 16, 2017
in our community room
Online and Phone Scams!
allU.S. will never ask for your password, Social Security number or other vital account information by phone, email or non-allU.S. online sites. If someone or some company asks for that information, just say “NO” and contact allU.S. immediately.
NEWS you can USE
Buying your first home can be stressful, but we’ve got some tips to make buying your first home easier. And best of all, you’ve got allU.S. Credit Union behind you when you decide to make that big purchase!
Get pre-qualified for your mortgage through allU.S. Credit Union. Then only spend 75% of what you’re qualified for. This will enable you to have better success when you’re shopping for your new home.
Don’t go into debt to furnish your home. Kids don’t care if you spent $20 or $500 on that end table when they are coloring on it.
Make as low of an offer as you can stomach. You can never negotiate downwards.
Buy less house than you can afford. You won’t miss the little extra square footage the first time around, but you’ll appreciate being able to save more money toward your next home.
Budget for the post-move expenses. You’ll be amazed how much can crop up that you need right after you move, and no matter how carefully you think you’ve outlined the purchase agreement, you’re going to need to make some extra purchases. Having the money set aside will help you deal with the unexpected. And on the off chance you don’t spend the money? You’ve got a good start on an emergency fund.
Put down as much as possible. Twenty percent is ideal, but the more you can afford to put down, the more you’ll save yourself in the long run.
Pay for a high-quality inspector. He or she will be worth the extra money in the long run for what they can save you in extra expenses.
So, open the door to a great mortgage at allU.S. Credit Union.
We can get you the perfect home loan for your first home – or your third or fourth! For current rates, loan program details, or to apply online, contact allU.S. Mortgage Service or by telephone at 877-223-9901.
Steer Clear of Payday Loans
allU.S. was pleased to partner with The Animal Friends Rescue in Pacific Grove for this campaign. They were the recipient of $200 in pet care items in the name of Mary Helen. This campaign embodied the credit union philosophy of people helping people. It’s an honor to support organizations like The Animal Friends Rescue that share this same passion.
Congratulations to Mary Helen Chrisman and her 8-year-old cat, Louis Grey, for winning the Holiday Pet Photo Contest. Mary Helen won a $100 gift card and in return she donated $50 to her local animal shelter.
When we built our new branch, community value was on the blueprint. In support of our community’s non-profit organizations, we’re offering our community room! We proudly offer you this modern, clean, safe space for your meetings and events (free for Salinas- and Monterey-based non-profit organizations). The community room has a 25-person capacity, ample well-lit parking, restroom facilities, telephone, wireless internet and 24/7 secure scheduled access. Whether your organization needs to hold a meeting, put on a fundraising event or use the room for other needs, we have a great space for you!
Learn more at www.alluscu.com/community or email us for additional details at firstname.lastname@example.org.
ROOM FOR OUR
With Home Equity Lines of Credit as Low as 2.99% APR!*
Members of the Quarter
Congratulations to Donna and Alfredo Chacon, members of allU.S. Credit Union for 32 years – back when the credit union was just a little house across the street from the courthouse.
What do Donna and Alfredo have to say about allU.S. Credit Union?
What we like most about banking with allU.S.
“Everyone at the branch is very welcoming, and that goes a long way. Throughout all our years as members, the entire staff has been very helpful, treat us like we’re special and know all our financial needs. People like to be treated special, and we just can't say enough about your kindness. We love running into our long lost friends when we visit the branch that have also been banking with allU.S. for sooooooooooooo many years. It’s always like a reunion when we walk in to do
How is allU.S. Positively Different from
“We have banked with other banks, and we don't like the way they operate. They don't take the time to know your name, they are always in a hurry, and they make everything you want to do so difficult. The worst part is other banks are trying to make you use machines with long lines to complete your transactions instead of being able to talk to sweet tellers. Thank you for being a very personable and professional credit union!”
1410 N Main St.
Salinas, CA 93906
(adjacent to the El Gabilan Library)
800.692.2228 • 831.540.4627