December 3rd, 2018
A weekly guide to Illuminate your Life illuminate
A Note from Katie
Hi everyone, I hope that you had a great weekend. Things have been busy around here, with holiday preparations in full swing. We have consistent snow now, that will like not melt until spring. I have surprised myself by finding a lot of joy in Christmas movies. I am not usually that interested, but this year feels a little different. This year feels a little sweeter and more sentimental somehow. Speaking of the holidays, we have an awesome guide to surviving the holidays this week brought to us by our dear friend Elizabeth Lindsey. What fun to have her inspired words back in Luminous this month!
I am calling this week's magazine the "Today is a great day!" edition. I'm taking page right out of Melisa Caprio's book, as this is the message of her beautiful Postcard to the Universe this week. Today is a great day. And perhaps a weird day, a cold day, a silly or a stressful day. But, we can always make room for some greatness too.
Please join me on December 5th at 10:00 AM Pacific for the "Katie Weaver Show" on 12Radio. I will be live streaming at in the 12Radio Chat Room on Facebook. Learn more about me at www.katie-weaver.com.
My Memoirs, Mostly for Me
Sometimes for you
When I was in college I worked at our local Kmart. I had the privilege of helping start the first Shop with a Cop program in our town. The idea was that we would fund raise as a staff throughout the year and then hold a Christmas event for underprivileged children to shop for Christmas for their families, with the assistance of a local police officer. Kmart donated some money as well as resources. McDonald's was generous enough to donate breakfast for all of the children and officers. We leaned on the assistance of Health and Welfare to connect with children and families in need.
The event was meant to be held early in the morning in order to have the store to ourselves. We met with the officers and children at 6:30 a.m. A few of the children were absolutely terrified of the police officers. Screaming, running, hiding kind of scared. That was eye opening to me. It took a fair amount of time and some very kind and patient officers to help them to feel safe. It was well below zero outside, so the officers bundled the children up in their cars and took them on a fun ride down the road and back before convening at McDonald's.
After we ate, we re-convened at Kmart. We were thrilled to be able to give 50 children each $50 to spend. The sight of so many police officers in full uniform pushing little kids around in shopping carts, helping them choose a dolly for their sister or a sweater for their mom filled my heart more than I can ever put into words. In the shoe department, I witnessed officers trying to figure out what size boots little ones wore, squatting down to wrestle moon boots onto tiny feet.
So many beautiful things happened that morning. Several officers reported that their charge was unwilling to purchase anything for themselves. That was a worry for the officers helping out, as our goal was to make sure that these families had something under the tree for everyone. We helped where we could to be sure that those kind and generous little souls also went home with gifts for themselves. When the shopping was done, volunteers helped the kids wrap all of their gifts before their parents came to get them.
I continued on in the position of director of the program for three more years before I left Kmart. Every year the event was a little different but the overwhelming energy of kindness, cooperation and compassion remained the same. I learned a lot of lessons during my time that I served the Shop with a Cop program. More than anything. I think that my capacity to understand poverty and need grew exponentially. Additionally, my understanding that we are all in this together and it is everyone's responsibility to elevate those around them in any way that they can.
Katie's December Reading Special
All about you
A 20 minute block of time
This is a great way to ask for some energy work, clearing, ancestral healing, a reading on any subject, mediumship, relationship help, connecting with your children....whatever you want! I love offering this block of time in an open ended way so that we can take care of anything that you need.
Kristi is a master crystologist and professional psychic advisor at 12Listen. She is also the host of "Kindred Spirits" on12Radio. Learn more about Kristi here: www.kristibrower.com.
Each week I pull a card from my Kindred Spirits Energy Oracle deck to guide us. This week I pulled the "Archangel Uriel" card.
Kai Greenway is a professional psychic advisor and radio host.
It is December 2018 and it is time to present the monthly “Animal Guidance”. Keep the wisdom of this animal guide in your thoughts and assimilate it into each day. This December brings us:
Most of what we know about Gorilla behavior is through the research of primatologist Dian Fossey. Gorillas live in extended family groups called troops, with fertile females migrating to other troops. Ninety to ninety-five percent of the Gorilla’s DNA is similar to humans and are highly intelligent. Like humans, each individual Gorilla has a unique fingerprint. They also have a minimum of twenty-five different vocalizations and a full range of emotions enabling them to think about both past and future events. This leads researchers to speculate that Gorillas experience memories and visualization of the future. It has also been conjectured that Gorillas may experience spiritual feelings.
Gorilla is here to lead us through a very fast paced December and offer both his wisdom and compassion. We can draw from his inner strength to prevent exhaustion as we race through each day. Gorilla advises us to keep our sense of connectivity to our fellow humans and not forget to show each person we meet in our travels acceptance and understanding. When working within a group, show patience and create harmony by being cooperative.
Gorilla reminds us to nurture our ‘troop’ and carry ourselves with a sense of dignity and keep our expectations of the holiday seasons within reason in order to prevent disappointments and nervous tension. Gorilla reminds us to relax when we can, love yourself and others more, and avoid negative communication: this will bring more joy and kindness into each of our lives.
Take the time to honor Yourself for who you are and who you are becoming; also honor Gorilla for his messages and guidance.
Tip of the Week
Candle Magic for Abundance
Brittani Oplinger is a professional psychic advisor as well as the host of "Against the Rules With Brittani" on 12Radio. Learn more about her on her blog.
Fuzzy Navels . . .
While a tasty drink, it’s not actually the subject of my blog today. I just like saying it. :p Okay – here’s what’s on my mind. As I was showering yesterday, I was thinking about how we leave this life. Did we make it better because we were here?
I think that’s the real Crux of the issue. Did you make life better for the people you interacted with?
It’s really easy to get frustrated with people in your life. There are people who, it seems, are just here to make life difficult for those with whom they come in contact. Then there are people who, without even trying (at least not visibly) make life better for everyone. I’m specifically thinking of my best friend’s mom here. Obviously I didn’t know her when she was young, so I can’t say what she was like as a kid. I can tell you, though, my life was infinitely better because of her.
I never once heard her yell. I’ve been friends with her daughter since we were 6 years old. In that time I’ve lived with them (when my mom was in prison, for about 9 months, maybe a year). spent countless nights at their house, spent a Christmas with them, and seen their family in all sorts of situations. They have 5 kids. I’ve never. heard. her. yell. She’s got this infinitely patient, understanding, loving way about her that I honestly cannot ever hope to achieve.
My mom is another person who makes people’s lives better, but in a completely different way, and it’s her I really want to focus on. People like my friend’s mom are, I think, miracles. And Unicorns, because you NEVER see them. My mom essentially drove through hell with the windows down, and now that she’s on the other side she’s directing people out. My folks spend their twenties and early thirties neck-deep in addiction, and as they got clean they’ve devoted an amazing amount of time to helping others find their way to sobriety.
They won’t tell you that, of course. But as the kid who lived with them while they were clean, they spent a ton of time helping others as their sponsors, leading (or even just attending) meetings, my mom worked with the drug court in the town where I grew up, and the in-jail drug treatment plan to help convicts get clean. That might not mean a lot to most people – but it’s huge for those to whom they’ve offered support.
Okay. Dramatic examples. What about you? What are you doing to make life better for those around you? I think we tend to spend so much time navel-gazing and looking at whether or not we’re happy, we forget to look at whether or not we’re making things better for those around us. One of the things we often misunderstand is that those things on which we focus are those things which we notice.
Don’t misunderstand. I’m not saying if you just don’t look at the things you’re sad about, they’ll go away. What I am saying is there are always those things that aren’t perfect within ourselves or our situations. The best way to make yourself feel better is to turn your attention and your efforts outward. So – there are days, especially with this autoimmune crap I’ve got going on, that I wake up and I’m pissed. This is soooooo unusual for me up until the health issues, and I tend to give this feeling a lot of weight. At first.
Then I remembered – it’s pretty normal to feel shitty about what’s going on. That’s not going to help anything though. Better I spend a minute feeling the way I feel (completely ignoring it does no good), and then pull myself up by the proverbial bootstraps and say, “Okay. I feel shitty today. What can I do that’s going to bring a smile into this home?” I know the way I’m feeling the smile isn’t going to be on my face. But I live with 4 other people. So I’ll sit, with my tea, and two dogs and a cat on my lap and soak that up for a few minutes.
Then, when my husband gets up and gets in the shower, I go make his lunch. Often I’ll put a cute note in his lunch, or a snack he really likes, or something like that. Then I’ll do the same for the girlies. Then I’ll look for maybe a fun breakfast to make the girls, or a cute way to wake them up, or fun music they like when they wake up, etc.
Smiling kid faces and a happy husband walking out always helps to turn my day in the right direction. Which reminds me how good it makes you feel to make others happy. Focusing on service to others is such a great way to make your own day turn around.
You can’t always make the blues go away. But you can still make things better around you. And ultimately, when you leave this world, do you want to have left it better than you found it? If you ask yourself that question daily, you’re going to be doing the right thing. That will help you feel better about yourself and your life.
So much love,
Tips and Tricks from the Domestic Mystic
Spiritual Survival Guide for the Holidays
(A.K.A. Shit you can use so you don’t throw yourself in front of speeding traffic during the holidays)
Whether you are traveling near, far or staying home to be the hostess with the most-est during the holidays, feeling your best and remaining calm is all the rage. I’ve created a guide with everything you need to be “in the know and on the go” to keep your energy cleansed throughout the Holidays! These tips can keep you from engaging in quarrels and spats, or keep you from getting passively slimed (yuck!) I like to think of this as my Emergency Spiritual Tool Kit when time is limited and/or tempers are short. There are many more advanced techniques than the ones I am sharing with you, but all of these are easy and accessible to everyone at almost any time. You should plan ahead what to pack, whether in your suitcase or your Spiritual Tool Kit. None one of these will take up much room. Hey, the point is to rid ourselves of the Velcro gremlin spiritual baggage, not add to it! They all require a playful, childlike wonder and an open imagination. You know--like you had all the time when you were a kid. How exciting!
1. The number one is the good old standby is probably known by most. You can burn sage or Palo Santo. This is also known as smudging. When you do this, you want to make sure you allow the smoke to rise in front of you, above you and especially behind you. I like to get into all the corners of a room as well. (You might remain the black sheep in your family if they mistake the woodsy smell for weed – tee hee!) If you find yourself trapped at Aunt Betty’s, in a pinch you can rummage through her spice rack and burn a bay leaf. The smoke does tend to change the energy. Why not--it’s worth a shot!
2. Bathing beyond the essential spots. You can cleanse your body and your aura by taking an Epsom salt bath or a sea salt water bath. About two cups in your tub will do the trick. If you want to smell pretty too, throw in a few drops of your favorite essential oil. You can also draw yourself an herbal bath. Choose any dried herbs you like and wrap them in some cheesecloth and tie it into a sachet. Use it like a tea bag. It’s highly effective! When you get out of the bath, visualize all the negative energy being rinsed off your body and going down the drain to Mother Earth to be transmuted. Also, bathing in a natural source of water-- the ocean being the most potent, a waterfall (and if you have one of those, boy am I jealous of you right now!) a river or a spring. The Earth energy is immediately transmuting all the negative energy you are releasing.
3. The Violet Flame. In this case, you imagine your body and aura being bathed in violet flames. Think of the 10 Commandments and the bush on the mountain that burned but never burned down (except its violet and there is no Moses). You can do this super-fast. 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 1 minute-- the longer, the more saturated of course. This tool comes in handy when you are traveling and don’t have “Sage” to smudge (Like when you are visiting your sibling and get to sleep in your 9-year-old nephew’s airplane bed). Also, if you get into an altercation with a family member and just can’t escape without looking like the “difficult” one, you can bathe yourself in that flame while you pretend you eat turkey and push it around on your plate.
4. My absolute go-to fave. Find a patch of dirt if you can, but it is not essential. Stand with both feet firmly on the ground. Imagine white-gold light coming from the cosmos, flooding into the top of your head, through your entire body, down your legs and into the balls of your feet, and plunging deep into Mother Earth. Then imagine the bright moss green light of Earth energy coming back up through your feet, up your legs, all the way up and through your whole body, then out through your head.
5. Literally Pray, Intend and/or Demand of your higher self, GOD, master of the universe (whatever feels right for you), just state whatever your intention is. Example: “Please fill all the holes and energy leaks in my aura now. Thank You.” Yes, you might feel like you belong in a Marvel comic whilet doing this, so enjoy it and have fun. Heck-- give yourself a costume! Even better! I’m not going to lie-- I’ve got a crown, wings and a magic gold light beam ET finger (and those are just the parts I’m telling you about!).
6. Crystals. I will admit, I have nearly cracked a bathroom tile de-bra-ing in the evening. I’ve always got a crystal crammed in there, sometimes with a flattened $20 bill. I’m always disappointed when one falls on the floor. I always hope it wasn’t damaged, but I’m always excited to find a forgotten $20!! Life is all about balance. Crystals are another was of raising your vibration and keeping your aura cleaner. Black crystals especially are great for protecting your energy. I wear a black tourmaline in my bra. Selenite is great for keeping things clear. You can buy them at metaphysical stores for around $3. I keep these in my car, my purse, all around actually. I even have a selenite tower in my living room. Those babies are always working and they never need charging or clearing. They are a self-clearing stone.
7. Ta Da! Organite! I can’t say enough nice things about Organite. I love them! In fact, my pendulum is an Organite. Organite is a substance made of resin, metals and quartz that balances and harmonizes bio-energy, otherwise known as Orgone, Chi or Prana.
Dr. Wilhelm Reich, an Austrian psychiatrist, researched orgone energy in the earlier half of the 20th century, and today’s Organite devices are built on his findings. While conducting his research, Dr. Reich found that organic materials attract and hold orgone energy, while non-organic metals simultaneously attract and repel the energy.
Organite is based on these two principles. It is a 50-50 mix of resin (organic, due to the fact that it is based on petrochemicals), and metal shavings (inorganic). A quartz crystal is also added to the orgonite mix it gives off a charge when it is put under pressure (resin shrinks when it is cured, so constant pressure is put on the quartz crystal).
Due to the fact that the elements contained in orgonite are constantly attracting and repelling energy, a “scrubbing” action takes place, and along with the charge that the crystal gives off, this cleans stagnant and negative energy, and brings it back to a healthy, vibrant state. And if you want to revisit your inner super hero you can do your visualization and imagination and make yourself an Organite shield or two to match your superhero cape or halo!
8. Love up on fluffy if they let you. Playing with a friendly furry companion by throwing the ball or scattering the cat nip is a great tension breaker and their energy can really boost your vibration. Plus animals are very grounding because they live in the present moment and remind us how to do just that.
All my love & Mahalo
(Stay tuned for a whole new adventure in 2019 with my Luminous magazine contributions)
Spiritual Survival Guide
for the Holidays
Inspiring A Renaissance
Dr. Elisa is a professional psychic advisor and the host of "The Dr. Elisa Show" on 12Radio. Learn more about Elisa on her website
Those who judge you harshly are speaking out of fear. Be brave enough to look inward and ask yourself if there is anything for you to learn. If not, reject the judgment and move on.
Not everyone in your life acts as a reflective mirror. Some fear based people walk through the world wildly flinging their energy in the path of everyone they meet, hoping to create a random connection. If you are empathic you might find these people are drawn to you, and inadvertently linked to you. This is not your fault, and does not necessarily hold a lesson for you.
Take time to reflect on the judgmental messages you are hearing. Look inward and truthfully ask yourself if there is anything for you to learn. Perhaps you can learn that fear generates judgment, or that fearful individuals are pejorative in their assessment of others. Fear based individuals might see their disparaging statements as warnings, and visualize themselves as lighthouses in wild seas. In reality, they are ships who are too frightened to leave the safety of the shore, and want you to stay moored close to them.
If the warnings you hear resonate, then listen. However, reject the fear based judgment and move on. Remember that supportive information is laced with love. Pay attention to the echoes behind the words. Move away from the sound of fear and embrace the warmth of love.
Today is a great day!
Melisa Caprio is the founder of the Postcards to the Universe movement, author and photographer. Learn more about her global manifesting movement here.
Magic Monday Message
Here is what Kristi has to say about her
brand new oracle deck:
"Kindred Spirits Energy Oracle has been in my head for a decade. I have spent hundreds of hours writing, thinking, planning, and designing the cards. The artwork is Fractal Art. Fractals are mathematical equations that create geometric forms. They are the closest visual representation to what energy looks like to me. I have been reading energy bodies, energy connections and the energy of situations all my life. Putting what I see into words and images is challenging. English does not have the words to describe what energy looks like in my head. Fractals have helped me express the way I see energy.
Sacred Mother Mary
We know her as the Mother of the Messiah, Jesus, but she is also our Mother in every sense. Ever-nurturing and faithful, she adores being one of our closest allies, providing guidance, comfort and maternal hugs. Mother Mary's pure and unconditional love supports us through all of life's moments, even if it's to cry in her arms and feel that love. Her purity, strength and belief in the truth to reign supreme is powerful. In 2016, we will witness the power of that truth through revelations that occur this year. Her bond with us is sacred and she had made many apparitions over the years, most notably in Lourdes, Fatima, Ireland and Yugoslavia. Talk to Mother Mary at any time. Her aura comes through as blue, pink or gold and rose quartz is a wonderful connection to her. She is our constant companion.
Anita and the Masters
Anita is a professional psychic advisor and the author of Angel Scopes.
At last, the Psychic Sisters have released their oracle deck and book set. Pick up your copies today!
Thank you for reading,
have a wonderful week!